The Snelson Brinker cabin, which served as the Old Crawford County Courthouse in 1836, burned down July 4, 2017. Very little remains of the historic Missouri structure located on Highway 8 in current Crawford County two miles east of Maramec Spring Park. State fire inspectors investigated the fire that appears to be arson. Fortunately, many photos, drawings and descriptions of the Snelson-Brinker cabin and the smoke house / root cellar exist to aid in restoring the structures. The cabin will be reconstructed to its original 1830’s pioneer Missouri time period.